Wednesday, June 09, 2010

The True Power of Positive Thinking


I just discovered a use for positive thinking. Your excuses won’t be questioned and you can get out of anything.

Friend: Do you want to run a half-marathon on October 24th?
Me: I can’t. My calendar says the Austin Film Festival is from Oct. 21-28 and I’m going to be a screenplay finalist. I have to attend. Sorry dude.

Friend: Can you help me move second week of January?
Me: Oh shoot! I’m gonna be at the Sundance Screenwriter’s Lab.
Friend: How about the week after that?
Me. Can’t. I’ll have a short film in the festival.

Friend: You’re a delusional wacko and I don’t want to be around you until you get help.

Et voila!

1 comment:

justiceseeker said...

LMFAO. I need to send this to my mom. She is the queen of "positive thinking."

And in the world of the film industry... that's exactly what we'd look like , Psychos!! (sp?) haha.