Wednesday, February 09, 2011

“Ideas are the beginning points of all fortunes.” N. Hill


Self-portrait at MOPA with moon backdrop.







"Black and white are the colors of photography. To me they symbolize the alternatives of hope and despair to which mankind is forever subjected." Robert Frank









"It is always the instantaneous reaction to oneself that produces a photograph." Robert Frank





Lee Friedlander "Route 9 W, New Mexico"




"A photograph is a secret about a secret. The more it tells you the less you know." Diane Arbus 


"Girl with patterned stockings"




Jerry Berndt





Bruce Davidson


This photograph blew me away. I could not stop looking at it. This is exactly what we strive to do with words first in a screenplay: to tell a story visually. Wow. Just wow.



"Most of my pictures are compassionate, gentle and personal. They tend to let the viewer see for himself. They tend not to preach. And they tend not to pose as art."  Bruce Davidson


The photographs below were not part of Streetwise, but I decided to put them up for my own reference.









Here's a short clip of Miranda July's first feature. She looks younger in real life.


No comments: