Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Production Journal, Heartbreak in ? Cuts: Money's in the bank

It’s been a good day as far as pre-production goes. Along with a check, I received the note above from the other producers of the film. “Put your best in this project.” I’m putting all of me into this project. It’s personal in many ways.



I decided I might as well run errands during my lunch hour. First deposit the check and then go the Public Library to pick up a prop. Because I’m a dummy, I didn’t wear flats. Oh well.


The weather is glorious today. I feel sorry for anyone that doesn’t live in Southern California.


The library is gargantuan and intimidating, but also pretty amazing.  I wish I worked closer so I could take my lunch there every day. 
Getting the book was super easy.  I called it in and they had it waiting for me at the desk.  Also, they have convenient check out scanners.  I love that place.  Why can’t everything be that easy?


This is the prop by the way:


And since it was lunch time and Mendocino Farms just happens to be across the Library, I had to treat myself to a Pork Belly Banh Mi; their  playful take on the Vietnamese sandwich with braised, caramelized kurobuta pork belly, housemade pickled daikon and carrots, cilantro, cucumbers, jalapenos, chili aioli on panini grilled ciabatta.
So yeah, two less things to worry about.  Tonight is off to Film Independent for an equipment orientation. This is where I start to get paranoid.

No comments: