Sunday, March 14, 2004

THE HELL WITH WALTER MURCH

Chris Fernanco, the editor, had previously given me a rough cut which I had not looked at. We watch it together and I notice he has cut out entire sequences. That is not going to happen. I cannot let go. “But Walter Murch says--” nah, it is not happening. The film will be as long as it has to be and not a frame less. So we start all over. Chris asks permission to go to the bathroom. I AM NOT A FASCIST! His roommates are party animals. Chris informs me that he has to take a break from 9 to 10 to watch the Sopranos. His roommate suggests they watch a rerun later in the week since they can’t watch it together because they have guests. Chris is reluctant, but we convince him. I promised the Truckees a final cut on St. Patrick’s Day.

No comments: